RunMail Check Disk Usage
RunMail domains have disk limitations that can cause problems for email delivery.
The error message that you'll typically see when a domain (runmail.net is used as a sample below) runs out of disk space:
Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s):
Failed Recipient: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reason: The domain size limit has been exceeded
Options to correct the problem:
- Log in to the account (email@example.com) and delete old emails.1
- Get an email client software package like Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird and download all the mail (which removes it from the RunMail server) to their computer.2
- Pay for an additional 3GB block(s) of email space.
1NOTE: Disk space is allocated per domain. Although the email account may display this message, it may be another email account in the domain that is causing the disk space problems.
2NOTE: The process to download the email for a large email account to an email client software package requires several steps. Please contact RunSpot if you need assistance.
This article will show you how to build a custom report to identify the disk space used by the email accounts on a domain.
Build a RunMail Custom Report for Disk Usage
NOTE: the Custom Report will need to be built just one time. After it has been built, you can skip down to Review the RunMail Custom Report for Disk Usage that is described after this section.
NOTE: You must be a domain administrator to set up this Custom Report.
1. Log into RunMail >Reports (bar chart icon on the left side) > Custom Reports > Manage Custom Reports > New
2. On the [Custom Report] tab set the name to "Disk Usage" and the Default Date Range to "Year to Date" like the screen shot below.
3. Click the [Report Items] tab and then click the [Add] button.
4. Fill out the [Custom Reports] pop-up window so that it matches this screen shot. When you have it filled out, click the [Save] button on the lower right hand corner of the pop-up window.
5. Save the new Custom Report by pressing the [Save] button.
6. The report has now been built and can be used.
1. Log into RunMail >Reports (bar chart icon on the left side) > Custom Reports > Disk Usage
2. The "Disk Usage" report will display in the right panel.
In the sample report above, user #3 (names have been blurred out for privacy) is using 2.8GB of disk space. This is the user which should work on cleaning up their mail storage to regain disk space for the domain.